Roaming capability is restricted on Android devices using a dedicated profile deployed to the device from Workspace ONE UEM. Specific roaming functionality can only be prevented on supported platforms and operating system versions. Supported devices are listed to the right of the individual roaming function in the profile window.
To configure an Android profile with a Restrictions payload:
- Navigate to Devices > Profiles > List View.
- Select Add.
- Select Android as the platform for the profile.
- Select Device as the profile configuration type.
- Configure the General settings for the profile to specify how the profile is deployed and which devices receive it.
- Select the profile payload type by selecting Restrictions from the menu at left and select Configure.
- Scroll down to Roaming and select the applicable check boxes to allow/prevent the following roaming functions:
- Allow Data Usage on Roaming
- Allow Automatic Sync on Roaming
- Allow Roaming Voice Calls
- Select Save to add the profile to Workspace ONE UEM or Save & Publish to add the profile and immediately deploy it to applicable Android devices.