After you configure a Credentials profile for a certificate in the personal store, install the certificate onto a Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1 device. Credentials provide authentication for end users to access corporate resources.
To install a certificate on a Windows Phone 8 device:
- Open the AirWatch Agent on the device.
- Navigate to the My Device section of the AirWatch Agent.
- Tap the Contextual menu (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Tap Install certificate(s). The Certificate(s) screen displays, listing all the certificates that the AirWatch Admin pushed in a payload.
If a certificate contains a password, Copy Password option is displayed. Tap Copy Password to copy the password to the device's clipboard.
If an email certificate does not display, verify if it was pushed to the device from the AirWatch Console.
- Tap Install Certificate under the certificate you want to install on the device. If the certificate does not require a password, the certificate installs. Otherwise, the device advances to the Install Certificate? screen as shown in the image.
- If you had copied a certificate password, tap Paste on the left side of the screen. This action inserts the certificate password you copied from the device's clipboard into the password field as shown. Tap Done.
- Tap Ok on the Your certificates are installed screen.
The email certificate is now installed on the device and displays on the Certificate(s) screen of the device. The installation is successful when the device user can authenticate an email client with the Exchange server.