Use the Resources List View to add and manage your collection of device resources which includes viewing, deleting, and editing individual resource configurations.
Add a Resource
You can add a resource to provision your multi-platform device fleet with the same Exchange, wi-fi, and VPN settings.
Navigate to Devices > Profiles & Resources > Resources and select Add Resource. You must select from the following options to add a resource.
- Exchange – Configure email settings so you can keep in touch with your Exchange email server.
- Wi-Fi – Configure Wi-Fi connectivity settings so you can maintain network connectivity.
- VPN – Configure virtual private network settings so you can maintain a secure connection.
Each resource requires three distinct configuration steps. Create a device resource by specifying the Resource Details, the applicable Platforms, and the Assignment of the resource to devices.
- The Resource Details contain the resource name, description, server dependencies, and other critical settings that determine how the resource operates.
- The Platforms define on which devices the resource runs.
- The Assignment determines how the resource is deployed, including organization groups, user groups, and smart groups.
Once you have amassed a collection of resources, you can manage them by navigating to Devices > Profiles & Resources > Resources and Filter, View, Edit, and Delete resources.
- Filter the Resource List View to show Active, Inactive, or All resources.
- View the different platforms which your resource includes by selecting the hyperlink numeral in the Platforms column.
- Open Advanced Settings for the resource by selecting the hyperlink platform name.
- Open the View Devices page by selecting the hyperlink numerals in the Installed/Assigned column of the Platforms page. This page displays the list of devices assigned to the resource.
- View and Export the XML code and upload a certificate by clicking the View hyperlink in the XML column of the Platforms page.
- Edit a resource by selecting the name link of the resource which displays the Resource Details section of the Edit Resource page.
- Edit the resource details by clicking the edit pencil ( ) to the left of the resource listing. You may proceed making edits to the other sections of the Edit Resource page by selecting the Next button.
- Edit the assignment of the resource by selecting the radio button to the left of the Resource listing and then clicking the Edit Assignment button.
- Delete a resource by selecting the radio button to the left of the resource listing and clicking the Delete button. Deleting a resource sets the resource to inactive until it is removed from all devices.