There are multiple methods available for the uninstallation of software and the appropriate method is selected by default by the VMware Admin Assistant tool based on the file type. If needed, you can override the default with any of the following methods.
Remove Copied Items
The Remove Copied Items method is primarily used for DMG file types, where it pulls from the items_to_copy array[dicts] array in the pkginfo file and deletes all file paths in the array.
The Remove App method pulls from the installs array [dicts] in the pkginfo file and deletes all file paths in the array.
The Remove Packages method is used primarily for PKG file types. This method:
- Uses receipts and analyzes the packages to remove
- Tries to determine what all files were installed through Bom file
- Deletes receipt
- Removes non-associated packages only
Uninstall scripts are written in a shell script. This method is:
- Used for any installer type
- Used to perform custom uninstall operation. If you have a customized deployment for an application, then write a corresponding uninstall script to remove the custom configurations.