Automatically or manually set an iOS 8+ supervised device name to match the Friendly Name in the UEM console. This feature is helpful when performing asset tracking from the device itself. The device name appears when the device is connected to iTunes and it can be edited in iTunes too.
To set the device name:
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > General > Devices & Users > Friendly Name.
- Select the Enable Custom Smartphone Friendly Name to set the device name as the friendly name.
- Enter the Smartphone Friendly Name Format by entering the enrollment user, the device model, and device operating system information.
- Select the Enable for Device Name setting to set this name as the Device Name to match the Friendly Name.
- Select Save to update the name.