Create a single-staging user in the UEM console before pre-registering the device.
To begin with single staging flow with pre-registration:
- Create Single-Staging User in the UEM console.
- Pre-Register Device to the Enrollment User (basic or directory user in the UEM console)
- Enroll the device to the single staging user (DEP staging or Web enrollment or Agent enrollment)
- Pre-registration is only supported for Single-Staging
- Device must be assigned to a staging user before the pre-registration or API flow to work
Create Single-Staging User
- Navigate to Accounts > Users > List View and then select Add > Add User.
- Enter the general information such as Username, Password, Full name, email address in the General tab for a single staging user in the Add/Edit User page.
- In the Advanced tab, under Staging, enable Device Staging and Single User Devices.
- Select Save to save the enrollment user.
Once single staging user is created, the next step is to pre-register the macOS device. In the UEM console, pre-register the device through the device identifiers (such as serial, udid, and so on) to the directory or basic enrollment user.
Pre-Register Device to the Enrollment User
- Navigate to Devices > Lifecycle > Enrollment Status. Select Add and then select Register Device.
- In the User tab, enter a basic user or directory user in the User's Search Text text box and select the user from the search list.
- Enable Show Advanced Device Information Options check box and enter the device identifiers of the device.
- Select Save.
After the pre-registration of the device is complete, the next step is to enroll device to the Workspace ONE UEM single-staging user.