After creating a sideload staging package and downloading it, install it onto the rugged device to begin the enrollment process.
The next steps depend on whether the device is a Windows Rugged device or an Android device.
For Android device staging, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the Android Debug Bridge to the computer you want to use for staging devices.
Unzip the downloaded Sideload Staging ZIP file.
Depending upon the version of the OS that your device is running, you might need to download an updated stage.bat file from my Workspace ONE ™ Resource Portal. Visit https://my.workspaceone.com and search for "VMware AirWatch Stage.bat for Zebra Sideload Staging" and download this file. Verify that this stage.bat file is in the root folder of the unzipped Sideload Staging ZIP file.
Establish a USB debug connection to the Android device.
USB debugging must be enabled on the Android device. The setting to enable this is in the device system settings under Developer Options.
Start the stage.bat file from the root folder of the unzipped Sideload Staging ZIP file.
The stage.bat file copies files to the device and then uses intents to start the auto-enrollment process.
The Workspace ONE UEM auto-enrollment screen displays on the device and shows progress.
When auto-enrollment is complete, the AirWatch Agent displays the main details screen.
This script installs the MX Service and agent then applies the Wi-Fi profile you defined in the staging manifest and any other manifest items. Once the Wi-Fi connects, the device auto-enrolls into Workspace ONE UEM.
For Windows Rugged devices, follow the steps below:
- Unzip the file and connect your device to the staging machine through USB once the download is complete.
- Manually create "\Program Files\AirWatch\Staging" directory on your device. You must add both the AirWatch and staging directories.
- Copy the content of the unzipped staging file (it should contain several directory folders) to the directory you created.
- Open the "\Program Files\AirWatch\Staging\agent" directory and manually run the AirWatch Agent cab file.
The cab file installs the AirWatch Agent, then the enrollment process completes and the AirWatch Agent enrolls the device, assuming the device has network connectivity.
You can also use the Sideload Staging Utility for Windows Rugged devices to simplify the sideload staging process. See Use the Sideload Staging for more information.
For sideload staging, if you want to preconfigure your Wi-Fi connection into the staging cab file, you must use the advanced staging feature (Manifest tab on the staging profile) and add a step for installing a production Wi-Fi profile. If this step is not done, then the Wi-Fi profile needs to be manually set up on the device (preferably before running the staging cab).