The AirWatch Console can target verbose logging for specific devices. Targeted logs assist in gathering all necessary logging when troubleshooting a particular device or set of devices.
Enable device-based or settings-based targeted logging, depending on the size of the device pool you need to access.
Enable Device-Based Targeted Logging
Device-based targeted logging is ideal for logging exercises on a small number of devices.
- Navigate to Devices > List View. Select the device you want to target. From the Device Details screen, navigate to More > Targeted Logging.
- Select Create New Log.
- Select the time frame you desire and select Start.
- Once the specified time frame has elapsed, navigate to the configured file path and open the log.
To see the configured file path, navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Admin > Diagnostics > Logging > Targeted Logging File Path .
Enable Settings-Based Targeted Logging
Device-based targeted logging is ideal for logging exercises on a large number of devices.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Admin > Diagnostics > Logging.
- Select Enabled for the Targeted Logging setting, and provide a comma-separated list of Device IDs.
- Once log gathering has concluded, reset Targeted Logging to Disabled.