To manage Android devices remotely, start the remote management viewer Java applet. The viewer contains various functions to control and manage Android devices.
To use Remote Management.
- Navigate to Devices > List View and select the device you want to manage.
On the Device Details View, select the More option ( ) to display an expanded list of management options.
Select Remote Management. A new window opens listing the device details and showing the Remote Management window.
- Use the Remote Management window to accomplish the tasks you want.
- Connection – Shows the connection settings used to communicate with the device.
- Retry – Attempts to connect with the device again.
Screen Share – Displays the device's screen so you can remotely view and control the device screen and receive any actions performed by the device user. The Screen Sharetoolbar also allows you to adjust the view depth and size. The toolbar also allows you to capture and save screenshots and videos to your computer. You can also record sequences of actions as macros that can be used again later.
- File Manager – Displays the device file system so you can remotely manage by viewing, creating, copying, moving, and deleting files and directories. Files and directories can also be dragged and dropped between the file system on the device and the remote control admin's machine.
- Task Manager – Displays a list of the processes currently running on the device. Stop or kill a process by selecting the process from the list. You can also start an executable on the device by entering the full path and any parameters to be passed.
- Applications – Displays a list of any applications currently managed by the OS on the device. Uninstall a managed application by right-clicking on the listed application. You may also load a managed application from your local machine and install it to a specified directory on a device.
- Command Prompt – Displays the command prompt. For a full list of supported commands and details, type 'help' into the command prompt and press enter.
Applet Display and Log Settings – Allows you to configure and save the settings for the remote management applet and the log.
If you want to see multiple frames at the same time while using remote management, you must select the Multiple Frames Enabled check box.
- About – Displays the version information about the remote management applet in use.
- When you finish your remote management session, select Cancel below the applet window to close the connection.