To manage Windows Rugged devices remotely, start the remote management viewer Java applet. The viewer contains various functions to control and manage Windows Rugged devices.
To use Remote Management.
- Navigate to Devices > List View and select a device you want to manage.
On the Device Details View, select the More option ( ) to display an expanded list of management options.
Select Remote Management. A new window opens listing the device details and showing the Remote Management window.
- Use the Remote Management window to accomplish the tasks you want.
- Connection – Shows the connection settings used to communicate with the device.
- Retry – Attempts to make a connection with the device again.
Screen Share – Displays the device's screen so you can remotely view and control the device screen and receive any actions performed by the device user. The Screen Share toolbar also allows you to adjust the view depth and size. The toolbar also allows you to take and save screenshots and videos to your computer. You can also record a sequence of actions (macros) that you can use later.
- Registry Manager – Displays the device registry so you can remotely manage by viewing, creating, editing, and deleting registry keys and values.
- File Manager – Displays the device file system so you can remotely manage by viewing, creating, copying, moving, and deleting files and directories. You can also drag files and directories between the file system on the device and the remote control admin's machine.
Task Manager – Displays a list of the processes currently running on the device. You can stop or kill a process by selecting the process from the list. You can also start an executable on the device by entering the full path and any parameters to be passed.
- Registered DLL List – Displays a list of the registered DLLs on the device. Select a DLL to unregistered by right-clicking. Load and register a DLL from your local machine to a directory on the device.
- Device Info – Displays the information about the device from the remote management applet instead of returning to the Dashboard.
- Applications – Displays a list of any applications currently managed by the OS on the device. Uninstall a managed application by right-clicking on an entry. You can also load a managed application from your local machine and install it to a specified directory on a device.
- Display/Volume Settings – Displays the configurable display and volume settings on the device.
- Send Message – Displays a prompt for a message to be entered that displays on the device-user's screen.
Command Prompt – Displays the DOS-like command prompt. For a full list of supported commands and details, type "help" into the command prompt and press enter.
When running AWS scripts using the command prompt, you must always follow the syntax.
Start "\Program Files\AirWatch\awscriptrun.exe" ""\temp\actual.aws" .
You must separate the first portion from the second portion by a space followed immediately by the full file path including AWS script filename. You must surround the AWS script filename with double quotes.
- Applet Display and Log Settings – Allows you to configure and save the settings for the remote management applet and the log.
If you want to see multiple frames at the same time while using remote management, you must select the Multiple Frames Enabled check box.
- About – Displays the version information about the remote management applet in use.
- When finished with your remote management session, select Cancel located below the applet window to close the connection.