You can access managed distribution information from the Device Details, Licenses, and Manage Devices pages. Each page offers various auditing and management actions depending on the type of asset.
From the Device Details page, audit assignments and perform installations and removals.
Go to Devices > List View > Apps or to Devices > List View > More > Books. The system does not support all management functions for all asset types. The system does not display unsupported options.
- View the content assigned to the device.
- If supported, install and remove the content on the specified device.
From the Licenses page, track sync processes, audit licenses available for reuse, and revoke licenses if supported.
Go to Apps & Books > Applications > Native > Purchased > Managed Distribution or to Apps & Books > Books > List View > Purchased > Managed Distribution.
- View when assigned licenses were last synced.
- Filter by License Owner Type to access licenses that are available to reuse due to error using the Not Assigned option.
- Use the Revoke action to make licenses available for reuse.
From the Manage Devices page, install and remove content, send invitations to join the VPP if supported, and audit application installations and VPP program registrations.
Go to Apps & Books > Applications > Native > Purchased > Manage Devices or to Apps & Books > Books > List View > Purchased > Manage Devices to access the page. The system does not support all management functions for all asset types. The system does not display unsupported options.
- Install the content to devices.
- Remove the content from devices, if supported by the asset.
- Notify devices concerning the VPP.
- Reinvite user-based VPP members who have not registered their Apple IDs with the program.
- Filter data using the Status option and find devices that have not installed VPP content.
- Filter data using User Invite and find those user-based members who have not registered their Apple IDs with the program.
For an outline of the support for the managed distribution method by Apple IDs, see Managed Distribution by Apple IDs Overview.