VMware Workspace™ ONE™ deploys and manages resources to a single digital workspace on iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows 10 devices. Services are built on the integration of VMware Workspace ONE™ UEM (Unified Endpoint Management), VMware Identity Manager™, and VMware Horizon®.
Workspace ONE Component Description
Workspace ONE is a set of integrated systems that includes Workspace ONE UEM (unified end-point management), VMware Identity Manager, and VMware Horizon.
- VMware Identity Manager services provide the identity-related components, including authentication for users who use single sign-on to access their resources. You create a set of policies that relate to networking and authentication to control access to these resources.
- Workspace ONE UEM services, formerly AirWatch, provide device enrollment, application distribution, and compliance checking tools to ensure that remote access devices meet corporate security standards. Users from enrolled devices can log in to their enabled applications securely without entering multiple passwords.
- VMware Horizon services provide remote desktops and applications in the data center, and deliver these desktops and applications to employees as managed services. End users gain a familiar, personalized environment that they can access from any number of devices anywhere throughout the enterprise or from home. Administrators gain centralized control, efficiency, and security by having desktop data in the data center.
Supported Use Cases
Workspace ONE offers solutions for the listed use cases.
- App Access and Management
- Unified Endpoint Management
- Identity Integration
- Enterprise Productivity