The Stage Now staging client is Zebra's next generation Android solution for staging Zebra devices and preparing them for production use. Workspace ONE ™ UEM supports Stage Now given the following conditions and limitations.
- Zebra devices must be running Android Nougat with MX version 7.1 or later.
- If you want to enroll your Zebra devices using a Stage Now barcode, you must have Android Agent version 8.2 or later uploaded to the console as the AirWatch Agent Package.
- Zebra devices running Android Marshmallow and below must continue to use Rapid Deployment as the default staging client.
- Ensure the Stage Now URL setting, found in Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > Site URLs, is set to the appropriate URL.
- If your on premises environment is configuring your own Stage Now server, then place your custom URL in this field.
- If your on premises environment is not configuring your own Stage Now server, then you simply must open your networks to allow access to the URL listed here.
- SaaS environments do not need to change this text box.
Work Managed Device Mode
If you plan to enroll Zebra devices in Work Managed Device Mode with a Stage Now barcode, take the following steps.
- Use the Organization Group selector to select the OG you want to configure for your Android devices.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Android > Android EMM Registration and select the Enrollment Restrictions tab.
Complete the following settings.
Setting Description Current Setting Select Override to affect changes to the OG you selected in step 1. Define devices that will use Android (Legacy) in this organization group
This setting determines how this OG treats Android (Legacy) devices. Select from among the following settings.
Don't use Android (Legacy) – This setting enables the Device Owner Mode slider on the Generate Stage Now Barcode screen and makes it uneditable. This forces all Android (Legacy) devices that enroll in this OG to be in Device Owner Mode (or Work Managed Device Mode).
Always use Android (Legacy) – This setting disables the Device Owner Mode slider from the Generate Stage Now Barcode screen and makes it uneditable. This forces all Android (Legacy) devices that enroll in this OG to be in Device Admin Mode.
Exempt smart groups from Android (Legacy) – This setting enables the Device Owner Mode slider on the Generate Stage Now Barcode screen and makes it editable, allowing you the choice of enrolling Android devices in Device Owner Mode (Work Managed Device Mode) or enrolling them in Device Admin Mode.
The above setting configures Stage Now to function correctly with Work Managed Device Mode.
You can optionally continue to the next step of making a Stage Now barcode by proceeding to the next step, Generate a Barcode Staging Package using the Rugged Enrollment Configuration Wizard.