Install and run Apple Configurator 2 from a macOS laptop to integrate with the Workspace ONE UEM console to supervise and configure one or many devices at the same time.
- Install the Workspace ONE UEM MDM profile as part of the configuration to enroll devices silently.
- Supervise dedicated line-of-business devices that are shared among different users.
- Create configuration profiles to change device settings for Wi-Fi networks, preconfigure mail and Microsoft Exchange settings, and more.
- Distribute public apps without entering an Apple ID on the device using Configurator.
- Create blueprints to automate device management. Use blueprints as templates to configure profiles and application and push them quickly to devices
- Add Supervision to devices and take advantage of even more management capabilities including showing or hiding applications, modifying the device name, wall paper, passcodes, keyboard short cuts and more.
- Back up user settings and app data, including new user-created data using Configurator.
Apple Configurator 2 also works with Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP) to automate Mobile Device Management (MDM) enrollment and the Volume Purchase Program (VPP) by assigning managed licenses apps to devices.
For a complete list of features and functionality available to supervised and unsupervised devices, refer to the iOS Functionality Matrix: Supervised vs. Unsupervised.
This documentation only addresses integration with Apple Configurator 2.