You can add tags to a device to identify it without using notes, profiles, policies, or giving the device a special friendly name.
Add Tags to a Single Device
For when you have to make a quick one-off adjustment of a device's tags, you can add one or more tags to a single device easily.
- Navigate to Devices > List View and select the device you want to tag. You can select a single device in either of the two ways to display the Send and More Actions buttons.
- Display the Details View by selecting the device from the listing.
Select the check box next to the device.
- Select the More Actions button and then select Add Tag. The Tag Assignment screen displays with a listing of tags available to apply to your selected device.
- Select each of the tags you want to assign to the device. You can select more than one tag.
- Select Save to apply one or more tags to the device.
Add Tags to Multiple Devices
You can add a tag (or multiple tags) to one or more devices. Adding multiple tags to multiple devices saves time.
- Navigate to Devices > List View.
- Select the check box of each device you want to tag.
- Select More Actions and then select Add Tag. The Tag Assignment page displays with a listing of tags available to apply to your selected devices.
- Select the tags you want to assign to all the selected devices. You can select more than one tag.
- Select Save to apply one or more tags to the devices.
Are you looking for granting permissions as part of an admin role that includes (or excludes) the ability to add a tag to a device? See View the Resources of an Admin Role.