Unlike other mobile devices where telecom data collection is enabled using Agent Settings, BlackBerry devices use a dedicated profile deployed to the device from Workspace ONE UEM to manage telecom data collection.
To configure a Blackberry profile with a Telecom payload:
- Navigate to Devices > Profiles > List View.
- Select Add and select BlackBerry as the platform for the profile.
- Configure the General settings for the profile to specify how the profile is deployed and which devices receives it.
- Select the Telecom payload and select Configure to set the following:
Setting Description Redirect 411 Enter a phone number for the device to call if the end user dials 411. Sample Enabled Select this check box to enable SMS message sampling for time and destination. Track Content Enabled Select this check box to enable SMS message sampling for content. Number of Sampled Calls Enter the number of calls to be completed prior to the device sending call data to Workspace ONE UEM for reporting purposes. Number of Sampled SMS Enter the number of SMS messages to be sent prior to the device sending SMS data to Workspace ONE UEM for reporting purposes.
- Select Save to add the profile to Workspace ONE UEM or Save & Publish to add the profile and immediately deploy it to applicable BlackBerry devices.
An alternate way to configure agent settings and privacy settings for Telecom Management is to navigate to the iOS Agent Settings, Android Agent Settings, Device Privacy Settings separately and configure it.
You must configure the Telecom Management settings that determines the types of data to collect and from whom to collect it, before creating and assigning telecom plans.