The Workspace ONE UEM installer configures the following roles and permissions as part of the installation. If you prefer to configure these manually, or to verify them, you can use the procedure below.
- On the Workspace ONE UEM console Server and Workspace ONE UEM Device Services Server, from the Taskbar, open Server Manager and select Manage > Add Roles and Features. Click Next to advance to the Server Roles tab.
Expand Web Server (IIS), and under it expand Web Server.
- Verify that the following role services are enabled (most may already be enabled):
- Common HTTP Features: Static Content, Default Document, HTTP Errors, HTTP Redirection
Application Development: ASP.NET, .NET Extensibility, ASP, ISAPI Extensions, ISAPI Filters, Server Side Includes
When ASP.NET is selected, select Add Required Features to associate features with the ASP framework. Ensure that other required role services are enabled.
- Health and Diagnostics: HTTP Logging, Logging Tools, Request Monitor, Tracing
- Security: Request Filtering, IP, and Domain Restrictions
- Performance: Static Content Compression, Dynamic Content Compression
Management Tools: IIS Management Console and IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- Ensure WebDAV is not installed.
- Click Next.
On the Features tab, verify the following required features are added:
.NET Framework 4.6.2 Features: Entire module (.NET Framework and WCF Activation)
When .NET is selected, select Add Required Features, to associate features with the .NET framework. Expand to verify every .NET/WCF feature is enabled. For a 2012 R2, .NET Framework 4.6.2 Features is required.
- Message Queuing: Message Queuing Server (expand Message Queuing > Message Queuing Services to select)
- Telnet Client
- Click Next and verify that the features which must be enabled have been so enabled.
- Select Install.
- When the installation is finished, verify that the Installed succeeded messages are shown, then select Close.
Install URL Rewrite Module 2.0
The URL Rewrite Module 2.0 cannot be installed until the IIS role is installed.
- Navigate to http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite#additionalDownloads and download the appropriate version for your install.
- Run the installer and accept the defaults for installation.