Each device in your organization's deployment must be enrolled in your organization's environment before it can communicate with Workspace ONE UEM and access internal content and features using Mobile Device Management (MDM). tvOS devices must be connected to a network to enroll in Workspace ONE UEM.
To connect to a network:
- Connect the Apple TV to wi-fi by navigating on the device to Settings > General > Network.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the device.
- Set up a Wi-Fi profile using Apple Configurator so you can manage the Apple TV through the UEM console.
Set up a Wi-fi profile to Enroll a Device
If you do not have an ethernet connection for an Apple TV, or if you plan to manually configure the device, you must create a WiFi Profile before you can complete the enrollment flow.
For more information about setting up profiles, see tvOS Profiles Overview.
- Log in to the UEM console and select the organization group you want to enroll the Apple TV.
- Navigate to Devices > Device Settings > Apple > Apple Configurator.
- Select the Enable Automated Enrollment check box, select a Default Enrollment User and choose tvOS from the Platform drop-down menu.
- Click Save and Export Profile to save the MDM profile to an easily accessible location on your computer.
To complete the enrollment process, see Enroll a tvOS Device.