Create a custom attribute and values to push to devices. These attributes and values control how product rules work and function as lookup values for certain devices.
- Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Custom Attributes > List View.
- Select Add and then select Add Attribute.
- Under the Settings tab, enter an Attribute Name.
- Enter the optional Description of what the attribute identifies.
- Enter the name of the Application that gathers the attribute.
- Select Collect Value for Rule Generator to make the values of the attribute available in the drop-down menu of the rule generator.
- Select Use in Rule Generator if you want to use the attribute in the rule generator.
Select Persist to prevent the removal of the custom attribute from the Workspace ONE ™ UEM console unless an Admin or an API call explicitly removes it. Otherwise, the attribute is removed as normal.
If you delete a custom attribute reported from a device to the UEM console, a persisted custom attribute remains in the UEM console.
Custom attribute persistence is only available to Android and Windows Rugged devices.
Select Use as Lookup Value to use the custom attribute as a lookup value anywhere in the UEM console.
For example, you can use custom attributes as part of a device friendly name to simplify device naming.
- Select the Values tab.
- Select Add Value to add values to the custom attribute and then select Save.