Workspace ONE AirLift connects your Active Directory policies to Workspace ONE UEM profiles. This connection allows you to create profiles based on existing policies your business uses.
Exporting Polices to Workspace ONE UEM
The Policies list view allows you to review your existing GPO policies and export them. Workspace ONE UEM combines the exported policies into a single custom profile using MDM policies. You must do all editing, deleting, assigning, and publishing of profiles in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
Workspace ONE AirLift Policies List View
The Policies list view automatically populates with existing Active Directory policies. From this page, you can select a policy name to see the existing settings and values of the policy.
Select a GPO name to filter the list view by that GPO.
- Success - The GPO policy maps to a valid MDM policy. You can export a policy with a successful validation.
- Error - The GPO policy does not map to a valid MDM policy. You cannot export a policy with an error.
- Warning - The GPO policy maps to a valid MDM policy but has some additional information. This information can include warning you about limited support for policies based on OS version. You can export a policy with a warning.
The Status column displays the Workspace ONE UEM profiles that contain the GPO policy. If you select a link in this column, a new window opens with the profile in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
Organizing the Policy List View
To help organize your list of policies, you filter the list view based on the Windows 10 version you are using. This filter limits the displayed policies. Only those policies that map to MDM policies for the filtered OS version display. Use this filter to ensure that you export policies that work with your different device OS versions. The Exportable bar at the top of the list view shows the percentage of the displayed policies that you can successfully export. This bar changes based on your filters.
You can also hide policies you do not plan on exporting. To hide a policy, simply select the policy and then select Hide. You can review the hidden policies from the Hidden tab.
Export Workspace ONE AirLift Policies
Export Workspace ONE AirLift Policies to the Workspace ONE UEM console to create profiles based on MDM policies. This export allows you to ensure that your existing policies still apply to your devices after transitioning to Workspace ONE UEM.
You must configure Workspace ONE AirLift to communicate with your Active Directory.
- In Workspace ONE AirLift, navigate to the Policies tab.
- Select the policies you want to export and then select Add to Export.
- Select the Ready to Export tab.
- Select the policies you want to export together.
- Select the Export button.
- In the Export Policies dialog, configure the settings.
Settting Desctiption Profile Name Enter the name for the profile in the Workspace ONE UEM console based on these policies. Workspace ONE Organization Group Select the organization group that manages the profile you are creating. This option allows you to create hierarchies in the Workspace ONE UEM console. Profile Context Select whether the profile applies to the user or the device.
Device context applies the policies at the device level. User context applies the policies at the user level.
After you export GPO policies to the UEM console, Workspace ONE UEM converts the policy settings to MDM policies and creates a custom profile.
To edit, delete, version, assign, or publish a profile to your devices, you must use the UEM console.