Before you install VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector, you must first enable it, generate certificates, and select the enterprise services and Workspace ONE UEM services to be integrated. After completing this step, you can install VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector.
- Navigate to .
- Configure the following settings on the General tab.
Setting Description Enable Cloud Connector Select this check box to enable the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector and display the General tab. Enable Auto Update Select to enable the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector to automatically update when a newer version is available. For more information regarding auto-update, refer to Run the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector Installer.
- Configure the following settings on the Advanced tab.
Setting Description Communication with AWCM Select how the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector communicates with AWCM under Communication with AWCM:
- Use External AWCM URL – The default option that applies to most deployments.
- Use Internal AWCM URL – Use this option if your security settings restrict your VMware AirWatch Cloud Connectorserver from resolving the External AWCM URL. For example, if VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector is on your internal network and your AWCM server is in a DMZ.
Enterprise Services Select the Enabled or Disabled buttons to enable or deactivate Enterprise Services. The services you select (enabled) integrates with the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector.
- SMTP (Email Relay)
Workspace ONE UEM SaaS offers email delivery through its own SMTP, but you can enable VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector to use another SMTP server here. Enter SMTP servers settings for email in
- Directory Services (LDAP/AD)
- Exchange PowerShell (for certain Secure Email Gateways)
- Syslog (Client/server protocol used to integrate with the AirWatch event log data)
The following components are only available if you purchased the PKI Integration add-on, which is available separately:
- Microsoft Certificate Services (PKI)
- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP PKI)
- OpenTrust CMS Mobile (third-party certificate services)
- Entrust PKI (third-party certificate services)
- Symantec MPKI (third-party certificate services)
You do not have to use VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector for cloud certificate services, if you want to integrate with certificate services (such as Symantec MPKI) by selecting one of the check boxes, the service you select must be on premises, not in the cloud (SaaS).
AirWatch Services Select Enabled or Disabled to enable or deactivate AirWatch Services. The Workspace ONE UEM components you enable integrate with VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector. To ensure a smooth integration, leave all services enabled.
- Device Services (Admin console and all of the services required for it to operate including related Windows services)
- Device Management (Enrollment, App Catalog, and related Windows services)
- Self-Service Portal (including related Windows services)
- All Other Components (including the Windows services in the Services panel and all web applications including APIs, except those explicitly listed.)
- Select Save to keep all these settings.
- Navigate back to the General tab and select Download Cloud Connector Installer.
A Download Cloud Connector Installer screen displays.
- Enter a password for the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connectorcertificate in the fields.
The password is used later when you run the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector installer.
- Select Download and save the AirWatch Cloud Connector x.x.x.x Installer.exe file on the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector server for use later in Run the VMware AirWatch Cloud Connector Installer.