Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch is committed to providing teachers and students with the tools to maximize their learning. AirWatch Education works with Apple EDU to offer state of the art device management and collaboration to enhance the classroom technology experience and benefit students.
As part of AirWatch Education, Workspace ONE UEM provides a configuration called AirWatch School Manager. AirWatch School Manager helps teachers to create interactive mobile learning experiences for students. Teachers can focus on the students, and the students can focus on learning.
The AirWatch School Manager enables you to:
- Install an MDM profile on an iPad that is not removable.
- Provision devices over-the-air with extra security and configuration settings.
- Create accounts for teachers, students, and staff through bulk import , manual creation, or Active Directory integration.
Students can access an assigned suite of apps for each class they take, and have instant access to their assignments and textbooks on a dedicated mobile device. Teachers can encourage and monitor student engagement, and administrators can track the device usage for security.
Software and Hardware Prerequisites for AirWatch School Manager Deployments
Before enrolling in AirWatch School Manager, meet the following software and hardware requirements.
- Safari 6.0.3 or later on macOS
- Google Chrome 27.0.1 or later
- Workspace ONE UEM console v8.4.4
- iPad third generation or later running iOS 9.3 and later.
- iPad mini or later running iOS 9.3 and later.
- 9.7‑inch iPad Pro running iOS 9.3and later.
- 12.9‑inch iPad Pro running iOS 9.3and later.
- Enable Bluetooth.
- Supervision is required for student devices.
- Configuration profile containing class information must be pushed to the teacher's iPad or student's iPad.
Integration Requirements for AirWatch School Manager Deployments
Have the following in place before you configure the AirWatch School Manager functionality.
- Apple Push Notification service (APNs) - Configure APNs certificates in the UEM console to push notifications to managed devices.
- Enrolling Users - Add all one-to-one enrollment users to the UEM console.
AirWatch School Manager User Deployments
Deploy education functionality to individual devices which are only used by one person. This person might be a teacher or a student.
AirWatch School Manager settings are configured when classes are created and members are mapped to classes in the UEM console and pushed to devices.
To configure devices:
- iPads must have one unique enrollment user associated with each device.
- iPads must meet all hardware requirements.
- iPads must be supervised using the Device Enrollment Program or Apple Configurator 2.