The following are requirements needed for a successful deployment of Workspace ONE UEM to your devices with Android (Legacy).
- Google ID with a corresponding device UID – Allows you to integrate with and search applications in the Google Play Store.
- Appropriate Admin Permissions – Allows you to create profiles, policies, and manage devices within the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Enrollment URL – Links to your enrollment environment and takes you directly to the enrollment screen. For example, mdm.acme.com/enroll
- Group ID – Associates your device with your corporate role and is defined in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Credentials – Authenticates you as an end user in your Workspace ONE UEM environment. These credentials may be the same as your network directory services or may be uniquely defined in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
Product Provisioning with Android (Legacy) Devices
Product Provisioning allows you to manage rugged devices by using products. These products act as nannies for the devices ensuring that the assigned profiles, apps, and files/actions remain installed on the devices. By using relay servers, a form of FTP(S) servers, the products automatically push provisioned content to devices as they are needed. This system helps ensure that your devices remain up-to-date with content and limits bandwidth demand on your network.