The Custom Settings payload can be used when new Android functionality releases or features that Workspace ONE UEM console does not currently support through its native payloads. Use the Custom Settings payload and XML code to manually enable or disable certain settings.
- For Android profiles, use characteristic type = "com.airwatch.android.androidwork.launcher".
- For Android (Legacy) profiles, use characteristic type = "com.airwatch.android.kiosk.settings".
- Navigate to .
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Configure the applicable payload (for example, Restrictions or Passcode).
You can work on a copy of your profile, saved under a "test" organization group, to avoid affecting other users before you are ready to Save and Publish.
- Save, but do not publish, your profile.
- Select the radio button from the Profiles List View for the row of the profile you want to customize.
- Select the XML button at the top to view the profile XML.
- Find the section of text starting with <characteristic> ... <characteristic> that you configured previously, for example, Restrictions or Passcode. The section contains a configuration type identifying its purpose, for example, restrictions.
- Copy this section of text and close the XML View. Open your profile.
- Select the Custom Settings payload and select Configure. Paste the XML you copied in the text box. The XML code you paste should contain the complete block of code, from <characteristic> to <characteristic>.
- This XML should contain the complete block of code as listed for each custom XML.
- Administrators should configure each setting from <true /> to <false /> as desired.
- If certificates are required, then configure a Certificate payload within the profile and reference the PayloadUUID in the Custom Settings payload.
- Remove the original payload you configured by selecting the base payload section and selecting the minus [-] button. You can now enhance the profile by adding custom XML code for the new functionality.
Any device not upgraded to the latest version ignores the enhancements you create. Since the code is now custom, you should test the profile devices with older versions to verify expected behavior.
- Select Save & Publish.