Use this profile to manage how Android device updates are handled when the device is enrolled into Workspace ONE UEM.
- Navigate to .
- Configure the General profile settings as desired.
- Select the System Updates profile.
- Use the drop-down menu from the Automatic Updates field to select the update policy.
Setting Description Automatic Updates (Android 6.0 and higher Work Managed Devices)
- Install Updates Automatically: Automatically install updates when they become available.
- Defer Update Notifications: Defer all updates. Send a policy that blocks OS updates for a maximum period of 30 days.
- Set Update Window: Set a daily time window in which to update the device.
Annual System Update Freeze Periods (Android 9.0 and higher Work Managed Device)
Device owners can postpone OTA system updates to devices for up to 90 days to freeze the OS version running on these devices over critical periods (such as holidays). The system enforces a mandatory 60-day buffer after any defined freeze period to prevent freezing the device indefinitely.
During a freeze period:
- Devices do not receive any notifications about pending OTA updates.
- Devices do not install any OTA updates to the OS.
- Device users are not able to manually check for OTA updates.
Use this field to set freeze periods, in month and day, when updates cannot be installed.
When the time of the device is within any of the freeze periods, all incoming system updates, including security patches, are blocked and cannot be installed. Each individual freeze period is allowed to be at most 90 days long and adjacent freeze periods need to be at least 60 days a part.
- Select Save & Publish.