The AirWatch App Wrapping engine adds Workspace ONE SDK functionality to wrapped apps when you deploy them with the Workspace ONE UEM console.
For details on assigning apps to devices with the Workspace ONE UEM console, access Add Assignments and Exclusions to your Applications.
See Supported Settings and Policies Options for App Wrapping to see what Workspace ONE SDK features are supported for use in wrapped apps.
- Turn on AirWatch App Wrapping.
SaaS deployments do not configure this option because it is already configured.
The AirWatch App Wrapping engine communicates with your network server in your on-premises environment to deploy Workspace ONE SDK functionality to wrapped apps.
- Navigate to .
- Select Enable App Wrapping in the app wrapping section.
- Complete the entry for your platform.
- iOS App Wrapping Service URL – Enter the URL for the Workspace ONE UEM SaaS-Hosted App Wrapping Server for iOS, https://appwrap04.awmdm.com.
- Android App Wrapping Service URL – Enter the URL for theWorkspace ONE UEM SaaS-Hosted App Wrapping Server for Android, https://appwrapandroid.awmdm.com.
- Turn on Cloud Services for increased security for app wrapping communications with the use of HMAC authentication.
Disable Cloud Services to troubleshoot app wrapping issues, but this action reduces security because it bypasses HMAC authentication.
- Navigate to .
- Select App Wrapping Secure Communication Enabled.
If the application fails to wrap, you can disable the check box and try to wrap again. However, clearing the check box bypasses the HMAC token authentication check, making this option less secure.
Check the Auto Discovery AirWatch Id entry in the AirWatch ID section (on the same page as the Cloud Services section). This ID is your Workspace ONE UEM credentials and provides a secure connection with the Workspace ONE UEM Cloud.
- Configure a profile to add Workspace ONE UEM functionality to your app with the Workspace ONE SDK framework.
- Navigate to .
- Select Add Profile and choose App Wrapping Profile and the applicable platform.
- Configure General settings and then complete the settings for the desired features (payloads).
You select this profile on the App Wrapping tab when you upload and deploy the app.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console, select the applicable organization group and upload your app and assign the correct profile to wrap it.
- Go to to add your app to the console.
- On the App Wrapping tab, select Enable App Wrapping.
- For App Wrapping Profile, select the AirWatch App Wrapping profile you created earlier.
- Select Save & Assign to move to the app assignment process.
- For iOS (Swift) apps, you can use Send Logs from within the app. You must configure the Restrictions and Application Configuration tabs in the Assginment wizard.
- Add an assignment or edit one for the app.
- On the Application Configuration tab, comple the following entries.
Option Description Managed Access Enable Send Configuration > Add
- Configuration Key - EnableSendLogsOnFatalError
- Value Type - Boolean
- Configuration Value - True
- Deploy the assignment to devices in the selected organization group.