The process to upload device-based (serial number) applications is similar to uploading user-based (Apple ID) VPP applications. The only difference is that the device-based method does not involve sending invitations.
Important: Once an application is enabled for device-based use in the Workspace ONE UEM console, you cannot reverse its status and use it in the user-based system.
- Upload or register an sToken in the desired organization group in Workspace ONE UEM.
Skip this step if you already have sTokens in Workspace ONE UEM.
Workspace ONE UEM prompts you to register an sToken with the Workspace ONE UEM environment. It sends invitations automatically for user-based applications that have an Auto push mode.
- If you do not want Workspace ONE UEM to send invitations to devices, disable Automatically Send Invites.
- Assign and publish device-based VPP applications with the flexible deployment feature.
During the assignment process, Workspace ONE UEM prompts you to enable applications for the device-based method with the setting Enable Device Assignment.
- Access license and application information using the Licenses page, the Device Details page, and the Manage Devices page.
- Revoke licenses with various management functions.
- Unenroll devices.
- Select the revoke action on the information pages (Licenses, Device Details, and Manage Devices pages).
- Deactivate and delete assignments.
- Remove devices from smart groups assigned to the VPP application.