You must enable the Workspace ONE UEM console to assign redemption codes to users and devices. Select the applicable organization groups and smart groups to which to assign redemption codes.
- Navigate to the organization group where you uploaded the redemption code spreadsheet.
- Go to .
- Select the application you want to assign.
- On the Orders Assignment tab, complete the following options.
Table 1. Orders Assignment Tab Options - General Setting Description Redemption Codes On Hold Enter the number of redemption codes that you want to place on hold. Use this option to save the redemption codes for later use. SDK Profile If you use AirWatch SDK functionality, assign an SDK profile to the application. Add Assignment By
Assign redemption codes to organization groups or smart groups.
- Organization Group – Allocate redemption codes to an organization group. Select All Users to include all users in that organization group, or choose Selected Users to display a list of users in the organization group. Use the Add and Remove buttons to choose the specific users to receive the application.
Smart Group – Allocate redemption codes to a smart group by typing the name of the group. Options display and you can select the appropriate smart group from the list. You can create a new smart group, if necessary.
- You can apply redemption codes to organization groups and to smart groups simultaneously. However, you can only specify the users for organization groups of the Customer type.
- You cannot specify users for smart groups. However, you can edit the smart group so that it contains the necessary users.
Verify the information in the following columns for each assignment rule:
- Users – View the number of users for the order.
- Allocated – Enter the number of licenses to allocate to the selected users. Do not exceed the total number in the order.
- Redeemed – View the number of licenses that have already been redeemed, if any.
Table 2. Orders Assignment Tab Options - Deployment Setting Description Assignment Type
- On Demand – Deploys content to a catalog or other deployment agent. The device user can decide if and when to install the content.
This option is the best choice for content that is not critical to the organization. Allowing users to download the content when they want helps conserve bandwidth and limits unnecessary traffic.
- Automatic – Deploys content to a catalog or other deployment Hub on a device upon enrollment. After the device enrolls, the system prompts users to install the content on their devices.
This option is the best choice for content that is critical to your organization and its mobile users.
You can only use On-Demand for custom B2B applications acquired using redemption codes.
When the Assignment Type is Auto, only eligible Apple iOS 7+ devices receive the application or book automatically.
Remove On Unenroll
Set the removal of the application from a device when the device unenrolls from Workspace ONE UEM. Workspace ONE UEM enables this option by default.
If you choose to enable this option, supervised devices are restricted from silent app installation because the device is locked and the provisioning profile installation is in the command queue which requires a device to be unlocked to complete the installation.
If you choose to disable this option, provisioning profiles are not pushed along with the installed application. That is, if the provisioning profile is updated, the new provisioning profile is not automatically deployed to devices. In such cases, a new version of the application with the new provisioning profile is required.
Removing an application when a device is unenrolled does not recover the redeemed code. When installed, the application is associated to the app store account of the user.
Prevent Application Backup Disable backing up the application data to iCloud. However, the application can still back up to iCloud. This restriction will work only for managed Apps. It will not work for unmanaged Apps.
Make App MDM Managed if User Installed
Assume management of applications previously installed by users on their devices, supervised and unsupervised.
Enable this feature so that users do not have to delete the application version installed on the device. Workspace ONE UEM manages the application without having to install the AirWatch Catalog version on the device.
Configure a VPN at the application level, and select the Per-App VPN Profile. Users access the application using a VPN, which helps ensure that application access and use is trusted and secure. Send Application Configuration
Send application configurations to Apple iOS devices, so users do not have to configure these specified values themselves.
- Select Save when you finish allocating codes.
Application configurations are vendor-specific key-value pairs you can deploy with an application to preconfigure the application for users.