Web applications are shortcuts on android devices that the users can open to navigate to the pre-defined URLs. Web applications can be managed on the android devices similarly to public applications. To do so, administrators need to set the title, URL, display mode, and the icon. The managed Google Play store loads in an iframe that creates a Web App object that is treated by the Workspace ONE UEM, Google Play, and the Android OS as if it were a Public application.
- Navigate to .
- Select Android from the Platform drop-down menu.
- Select Search App Store to search for the application in the app store. Leave the Name blank and select Next. Google Play opens directly from the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Access the Web Apps from the left menu.
- Create a Web App.
Note: Approximately it takes close to 30 minutes for the app to be available. Once the app is available, it takes close to 10 mins to publish a web application.
- Enter the Title and the URL.
- Select the Display Mode.
- Upload the Icon.
- Select Create.
- After you Save the Web App, select the Back arrow at the top-left of the screen.
- Select the Web App.
- Choose the Select option at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Save & Assign to configure flexible deployment options for the Web App.
Note: Publishing the web application creates the application. However, publishing to users does not happen until you assign the application within the Workspace ONE UEM console.