You can publish applications developed by your organization or the applications that are developed for your organization can be hosted and distributed through the Managed Play Store. While adding a public app on an organization group with Android Enterprise enabled, the iframe is loaded and the private apps are available in the left menu. Additional information such as a description, images, and more can be added in the Advanced options after uploading. Private apps uploaded through the iframe can never be made public apps.
- Make sure that your Workspace ONE environment is registered to Android Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM).
- The APK file with the same application ID is not published in the Android public play store.
- Navigate to .
- Select Android from the Platform drop-down menu. Leave the Name blank and select Next
Google Play console opens directly from the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Access the Private Apps from the left menu.
- Click the “+” icon to add a new application and select Upload APK.
Application is displayed in the Private app section and a notification may take up to 10 minutes. You can now close this screen. The application is listed under the Public apps.
- Uploading through the iframe publishes the application in as little as 10 minutes and waives the one-time fee that is charged to create a Google Developer account.
- Private applications can never be uploaded more than once as the Google Play ensures that each of the application has a unique package name.
- Deleted Private applications cannot be reuploaded with the same package name. Delete the private applications only if you never want to use the same package name again. The package name is a unique name to identify a specific app.
- (Optional) You can edit the logo that is displayed in the UEM console by using the pencil icon beside the application.
- Select Assign and Add Assignment..
- Choose the organization group or the smart group you like to assign the app to and click Add.
- In the Update Assignment window, click Save and Publish to confirm.
- Publish the app assignment.
If the deployment is set to Automatic, the application gets installed automatically on the device and is displayed in both the Workspace ONE UEM console and your device.