Samsung Native Email enables users to manage multiple personal and business email accounts seamlessly. Samsung Native Exchange email is configurable within Android Fully managed, Work Profile, and Fully managed device with a work profile (previously COPE), enrollment modes using Application Configurations. You can configure Samsung Native email with or without certificate based authentication.
Complete the following steps to configure Samsung Native Email settings on the UEM console.
- If you are using Certificate based authentication, be sure to create a Credentials profile prior to setting up app configuration. For more information, see Deploy Credentials.
- The certificate(s) must be created and installed on the device, either via a Credentials Profile or manual install of certificates, before the app configuration is delivered.
- You must know the alias of the certificate(s) or use a lookup variable for the alias.
Note: To prevent the email configuration from failing:
- In the Certificate Request Template, use a Lookup Value to determine the certificate Subject Name. This can be used for the alias.
- In the App Configuration for Samsung Email, select the same Lookup Value as entered above for the necessary certificate settings.
- Navigate to
- Select Android from the Platform drop-down menu.
- Select Search App Store from the Source text box.
The Google Play Store opens directly from the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Select the Samsung Email app and then click Approve.
- Select Save & Assign to continue, then select Add Assignment.
- Scroll down to Application Configuration and select Enabled to view and configure Exchange or Email settings.
- Use lookup values to configure dynamic options, such as user name, email address, or even certificate aliases.