The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Android is an application that enables the Native Android SDK API layer of management to which Workspace ONE UEM connects. Workspace ONE UEM engages Native Android SDK APIs on Android devices for management and tracking capabilities. Native Android SDK APIs are available to any third-party application, including the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub and any other application using the AirWatch Software Development Kit (SDK).
With the AirWatch SDK, applications can take advantage of key MDM features that are available such as:
- Compromised Device Detection
- GPS Tracking
- Additional Telecom Detail
- Additional Network Details such as IP address
- Additional Battery and Memory statistics
- Native number badging
After enrolling, use the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to access and manage device information and settings. Access device information from the following tabs on the left of the device display:
- This Device – Displays the name of the enrolled end user, the device-Friendly Name, current enrollment status, connectivity method, and compliance status.
- Device Status – Displays the current enrollment status including:
- The server to which the device is connected.
- The organization group to which the device is enrolled.
- The current network status including the active Wi-Fi SSID to which the device is connected.
- Compliance – Displays a list of compliance policies currently active for the device.
- Profiles – Displays a list of profiles currently installed on the device. From the profiles list, you can refresh and reapply profiles from your device that might be out of sync or uninstalled.
- Managed Apps – Displays a list of apps managed by Workspace ONE UEM installed on the device and their install status.
Perform basic device management functions from the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub menu at the top of the display:
- Sync Device – Sync latest device information and receive updates from IT admin.
- App Catalog – Launch the application catalog within the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub or the native web browser, if applicable.
Additional functionality is accessible from the application menu in the upper-right corner of the display:
- Edit Phone Number – Modify the assigned phone number, if applicable.
- Send Debug Log – Transmit a debug log for the device to Workspace ONE UEM.
- Remove Device – Unenroll the device from Workspace ONE UEM.
Android devices running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and above use the power saving options for idle apps and devices. If a user unplugs a device and leaves it stationary, with its screen off, for a period, the device goes into Doze mode, where it attempts to keep the device in a sleep state. There will be no network activity during this time. Doze mode affects how the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub reports information back to Workspace ONE UEM.
When a device is on battery power, and the screen has been off for a certain time, the device enters Doze mode and applies a subset of restrictions that shut off app network access and defer jobs and syncs. After a device is in doze mode for a period, the system sends the remaining Doze restrictions to wake locks, alarms, GPS, and Wi-Fi settings.
Additionally, App Standby mode allows the device to determine that an app is idle when the user is not actively using it. When devices are in either state, the Workspace ONE UEM console will not receive reports on device details. When the user plugs a device in to charge or opens an app, the device will resume normal operations and reporting from AirWatch apps installed on the device to the Workspace ONE UEM console resumes.
The Hub and SDK-Built Applications
AirWatch offers an SDK to integrate into applications you build for the Android platform. Integrating the SDK into your applications enables the application to use AirWatch features. These features include controlling authentication to SDK-built applications and sharing a single-sign on session between applications that use the SDK.
However, you must enable Key Encryption with User Input so that the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub can care share an application passcode or an SSO session with other SDK applications.
For information on the AirWatch SDK for Android, see AirWatch SDK for Android documentation.
For information on SDK features in the Workspace ONE UEM console , see MAM Features With SDK Functions documentation.
For information on the option Key Encryption with User Input, see Devices & Users / Android / Security in the Workspace ONE UEM System Settings documentation.