Appthority integrates with Workspace ONE UEM using scheduled communications and REST APIs over HTTPS to transfer data. Communications include an extra layer of security with the use of the App Scanning Integration Service.
App Scanning Integration Service
This integration uses the app scanning integration service for security. Systems do not communicate with the enterprise's demilitarized zone (DMZ) unless the communication is secured with a signing certificate. You upload signing certificates from both Workspace ONE UEM and Appthority during the initial setup.
Directions of Communication
Communication, in the form of REST APIs, travels between components over HTTPS. Workspace ONE UEM uses port 443 for communication.
- The Workspace ONE UEM console and the compliance engine send the following to the App Scanning Integration Service.
- The Workspace ONE UEM compliance engine identifies blacklisted applications.
- The Workspace ONE UEM console sends applications reported by devices that included identified blacklisted applications.
- The App Scanning Integration Service posts applications reported by devices to the Appthority App Scanning Service.
- The Appthority App Scanning Service posts blacklisted applications back to the App Scanning Integration Service.