Fix the Sync and Policy errors that occurs on Workspace ONE Boxer when used with IBM Notes email server.
On AirWatch Console v9.2, sync and policy errors are observed on devices configured using email type as IBM Notes with SEG. If the Managed Device policy is set to ON, then the device is detected as an unmanaged device. As a result, mail sync is blocked until the next re-council (delta or complete sync). If the Managed Device policy is set to OFF, then the device is detected as an unmanaged device. In this case, mail sync is not blocked but the managed device SEG policies are not applied on the
Workspace ONE Boxer. You can resolve this errors by changing the Email Type from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange. The issue and workaround applies only for Workspace ONE console v9.2.
- Navigate to Workspace ONE Boxer, you can edit an existing MEM configuration. . If you are using it only for
- Select Edit Email Configuration.
The Edit Email Configuration page is displayed.
- From the Platform tab, select Email Type as Exchange and then select any Exchange version.
- Select Next to navigate through the tabs and select Save.
- Navigate to and verify if the email server type is displayed as Microsoft Exchange.
- Navigate to .
- Select Assign and then select Add Assignment.
- From Email Settings, select Email Management.
- Choose the email setting configured with Exchange as the email server type.
- Select Save & Publish.
Email sync starts and policies are applied on
Workspace ONE Boxer.