To view all the Boxer contacts, tap the Contacts tab.
You can synchronize contacts by navigating to Sync Contact option.and enabling the
You can create contacts by tapping the '+' icon at the top-right corner of the Contacts screen and add basic information such as name, job title, department, company, office location, email address, and phone number.
There are also additional contact fields to add the nickname, birthday, instant message, and relationships of your contacts such as assistant, manager, and spouse. You can also search for a contact using the nickname.
You can also copy the details from the contact detail fields. If your admin has enabled certain restrictions, you are allowed to paste the details only in other Workspace ONE apps.
Export Contacts from Boxer
This contact was created to enable caller ID for VMware Boxer contacts. No changes made here is reflected on your account. You can turn off Caller ID in Workspace ONE Boxer settings.Any changes you make to these contacts in the native contacts app does not get reflected to Boxer contacts.
- Select the GAL contact and then tap the icon present in the top-right side of the screen.
- Enter the contact details and tap Save.
- Other Fax
Identify your Incoming Calls Using the Callkit Support
Use Workspace ONE Boxer to identify incoming calls without exporting the Boxer contacts to the native contacts application.
- CallKit does not support integration with the iOS Messages app and traditional car Bluetooth systems. Your incoming texts and incoming calls are not identified when using traditional car systems.
- This feature is supported only on 64-bit devices running iOS 10 and above versions.
- Caller ID functionality using CallKit is not supported in China due to government restrictions.
- Navigate to your .
- To enable the CallKit support, select Boxer and tap the toggle button.
CallKit support is enabled and your incoming calls are identified using the Boxer contacts. Due to iOS limitations, text and iMessage messages are not identified.