Each Chrome OS device in your organization's deployment must be enrolled before it can communicate with Workspace ONE UEM and access internal content and features.
Enrolled devices adhere to the Chrome management policies set in the Workspace ONE UEM console until you wipe or recover them. Enrollment occurs during the device setup of the Chrome OS device out of the box. Follow the prompts on the device until you get to the 'Sign into the Chromebook page'. A device has to be enrolled before any user signs in (including an admin). If a user signs in before enrollment, device policies do not apply, and you have to wipe the device to restart enrollment.
Device Sync and New Device Enrollment
The Workspace ONE UEM console syncs new Chrome device enrollments every 60 minutes. Syncing pulls in a list of all new Chrome OS devices enrolled since the last sync in the device list view. You can use the Device Sync option in the Chrome OS configuration to sync devices into the UEM console sooner. For more information on the Chrome OS Configuration page, see Setup Chrome OS Configuration Settings.
Enroll Chrome OS Devices
Enrollment is facilitated from the Chrome OS device using the Google admin credentials or existing G Suite user credentials.
To enroll Chrome Os devices:
- Power on the Chromebook and connect to Wi-Fi.
- Press CTRL+ALT+E when prompted for a Google account to proceed to enterprise enrollment at the 'Sign into the Chromebook' page.
- Enter the user name and password from your Google Admin welcome letter or use your existing G Suite user credentials.
- Enter Device information (Optional).
- Select Done. Perform steps 1–5 on all devices that you want to enroll.
Note: After you select done, the Chromebook automatically applies any pre-configured device policies and is ready for a user to sign in. Once a user signs in, all applicable user profiles are pushed to the Chrome device.
- Navigate to Devices > Device Settings > Devices & Users > Chrome OS Configuration. Select Device Sync which syncs all new enrollments into the Workspace ONE UEM console.
Note: If you do not select Device Sync, new enrollments are automatically synced every 60 minutes.