The System Updates profile specifies whether Chrome device updates automatically update to new versions of Chrome as they are released.
- Navigate to .
- Select Device to deploy to device policy profiles.
- Configure the profile's General settings. These General profile settings determine how the profile deploys and who receives it.
- Select the System Updates profile and select Configure.
- Configure the following settings as desired for your organization:
Setting Description Allow Auto Update
Enable to allow device to automatically update to the latest version when available.
Allow Kiosk App to Control Target Platform Version
Enable to allow the kiosk application to set the target platform version through an extension policy.
Target Platform Version
Specify the prefix of the target version you want the device to update to if the device is on an older version.
If the device is already on a version with the given prefix, then there is no effect. If the device is on a higher version, it remains on the higher version
Maximum Update Delay Duration (hours)
Specify a duration (up to 14 days) during which your devices randomly receives system updates to ensure that all devices are not using the bandwidth at a given time.
Reboot After Update Enable to require automatic reboot the device after is updated. Release Channel Select the type of Chrome OS build devices to receive. The default option is "The user can change the release channel". The available options in the drop down are:
- The user can change the release channel
- Stable channel (Fully Tested).
- Beta channel (Upcoming changes and improvements).
- Dev channel (Latest features, but may be unstable).
- Select Save and Publish.