The Custom Settings profile can be used when new Knox functionality or features that the Workspace ONE UEM console does not currently support or if there are any custom device changes you want implemented. Custom profiles can be used to maintain separate application groups for the device and container with XML code to enable or disable certain settings manually.
- Navigate to .
- Select Container.
- Configure the profile's General settings. These General profile settings determine how the profile is deployed and who receives it.
- Configure the appropriate payload (for example, Restrictions or Passcode).
You can work on a copy of your profile, saved under a "test" organization group, to avoid affecting other users before you are ready to Save and Publish.
- Save, but do not publish, your profile.
- Select the radio button from the Profiles List View for the row of the profile you want to customize.
- Select the XML button at the top to view the profile XML.
- Find the section of text starting with <characteristic> … </characteristic> that you configured previously, for example, Restrictions or Passcode. The section contains a configuration type identifying its purpose, for example, restrictions.
- Copy this section of text and close the XML View. Open your profile.
- Select the Custom Settings payload and select Configure. Paste the XML you copied in the text box. The XML code you paste needs to contain the complete block of code, from <characteristic> … </characteristic>.
- Remove the original payload you configured by selecting the base payload section and selecting the minus [-] button. You can now enhance the profile by adding custom XML code for the new functionality.
Any device not upgraded to the latest version ignores the enhancements you create. Test the profile devices with older versions to verify expected behavior.
- Select Save & Publish.