With Workspace ONE Content, you can add Office files to the repositories, edit, share, and manage your files in a secure manner. You can determine the default import location for your content, easily capture and upload videos and images, annotate PDFs and perform many more actions on your files.
- Tap the icon. The options appear.
- Select one of the following options:
- File - The file types you can add are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, text, image, or video files.
- Folder - Create a folder and choose a repository to save the folder.
- Repository - Enter the user repository link.
- Save the content.
Use Export Function with Third-Party Apps
- Navigate to the MS Office app. For example, Word.
- Create a file and select Save As.
- From save to options, select Content, and then select Locations.
- Select Content from the listed options.
- Select the repository and the folder where you want to save the file. You can also create a folder to save your file.
Capture Image and Videos
- Tap the icon on the Content View screen. The Add screen appears.
- To start the camera, tap the icon.
- Capture the image and then tap SAVE.
- On the Save file screen, enter the filename, select a location to save the captured image files, and if necessary add a description for the image. To save the file, you can either select a previously saved location from Save location or set a new location by using the Choose a different location option.
- If you capture multiple images, then you can save the images as a batch by providing the Batch name.
- If you want to save either a single image or multiple images to a repository, log in to the repository before capturing the image. The repository is displayed in the list of locations available to save the image.
- Confirm and save the image.
Create a Default Import Location
- Navigate to .
- Select Select path and then select Local Storage as the default path. You can select Prompt me each time to make a choice each time you open a file.
Open In Functionality
Open Workspace ONE Content files from the MS Office app – For example, in Word app, select , the Workspace ONE Content app opens. From Workspace ONE Content, select the required file to edit in Word app and then save it as a draft or a new version.
Email attachment with VMware Workspace ONE Boxer – Tap the attachment and select Workspace ONE Content. Then, save the document appropriately.to open it in
File in the Browser – Tap the file and select Workspace ONE Content. Then, save the document appropriately.and the document opens in
Limitations of File and Storage Access
- Local Storage files are not accessible as Open In functionality for third-party apps is disabled by default. If the Open In functionality is enabled, then the Managed Content can be saved to Local Storage and you are provided with the option to open in a third-party app.
- When Workspace ONE Content authentication is enabled, you must have Workspace ONE Content unlocked to access it through a third-party app (toast message is displayed).
- If your admin has configured an app whitelist and the third-party app is not whitelisted, then you cannot open or create files through Workspace ONE Content.
- For the Managed content, all the content is available while browsing through a third-party app. For other repositories, content is available (for one level) only for those folders that are synced in Workspace ONE Content.