You must create a printer profile containing the printer attributes and settings. Multiple profiles can be created as required. To create a printer profile, perform the following steps:
- Open and log into the UEM console.
From the Printer Profiles page, select Add Profile to add a new printer profile.
- Select Epson as the printer brand for which to add a profile. You are redirected to the General tab of the Add Profile page.
- In the Add profile page, enter the Name and Description of the printer profile.
In the Assignment Type drop-down menu, select either of the following profile types:
- Auto – The profile is pushed automatically to the printers within the assigned smart groups. For more information on smart groups, please refer to the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Mobile Device Management Guide in Workspace ONE UEM documentation.
Optional – You must manually push the profile.
- The relevant payloads appear on the left side of the screen. You may need to consult the printer manual to complete some of the fields.
- Select Save & Publish after you complete the required payload settings.
Perform the following steps to manually push the profile:
- Navigate to .
- Select the icon next to the profile that you want to manually push.
- In the View Devices page, select Install Profile to push the profile to the required printer.
Until Workspace ONE UEM receives acknowledgment from the print server that a print profile has been installed for a particular printer ID, the profile remains in the Pending Install state for that device. Once Workspace ONE UEM receives the acknowledgment for a particular printer, the status changes to Installed for the particular printer and then a green check mark appears.
Epson SCEP Profile
Configure the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) in UEM console to permit your Epson printers to communicate with your SCEP servers over Wireless LAN (WLAN). This helps you to validate and manage your SCEP certificates remotely at defined intervals.
- Certificate Authority and the corresponding request template. For more information about creating a Certificate Authority, see VMware AirWatch Certificate Authentication for EAS with NDES-MSCEP guide.
- Enable Create the self-signed certificate at Epson printer settings webpage.
To configure SCEP:
- Navigate to Peripherals > Settings > Profiles > Epson > SCEP and select Configure.
- From the Credential Source drop-down menu, select Defined Certificate Authority.
- From Certificate Authority drop-down menu, select the appropriate Certificate Authority. The corresponding Certificate Template is automatically selected.
- Select the Update Interval value text-box and enter the desired value. The value is represented in milliseconds.
Verify SCEP Profile
To verify the SCEP profile status:
- Navigate to Printer Server Terminal. SCEP profile installation details are displayed in the terminal window.
- The printer generates a confirmation output. You can connect to a wireless network to test the connectivity.
Navigate toand verify the SCEP certificates on the printer.
On the printer webpage and navigate to System Settings > Network > Wireless > WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Authentication