You may optionally use Apple Configurator 2 in conjunction with the Apple's Device Enrollment Program.
Use both of these deployment programs together to automate device enrollment, add Supervision, prevent the removal of an MDM profile, and to add supervised identities to devices.
Supervised Identities for Configurator 2 Devices
Apple Configurator 2 allows you to supervise devices and pair them with other Apple Configurator 2 workstations.
Each workstation must also have a matching supervision identity for authentication. The identity is applied to devices when enrolled using a DEP profile or paired with an Apple Configurator 2 workstation. If the wrong identity is applied to a device, the device must be device wiped to change the identity
Create a Supervision Identity for Apple Configurator 2.
Create a supervision identity to add your organization's information to devices so that it will appear for users. Then, add supervision identities to other Apple Configurator 2 workstations to securely configure devices.
- Navigate to .
- Select Organizations.
- Select the + action button.
- Follow the prompts to create a new supervision identity. Select Done.
- Enter credentials and select Update Settings.
- Select the gear button in the Organizations window.
- Select Export Supervision Identity and choose where to save it. Select Save.
- Add a Password to the identity.
This .p12 file will be uploaded to the UEM console when creating a Device Enrollment Program profile.