Once a device is supervised and enrolled in Workspace ONE UEM, you can use some of the enhanced features available for configuration when compared to normal device.
Benefits of Supervised Mode
Following are the enhanced features available for configuration:
- Elevated Restrictions over MDM
- Prevent User from Removing Applications. Removing applications can also be restricted locally on the device using restrictions under System Configuration.
- Prevent AirDrop.
- Prevent users from modifying iCloud and Mail account settings which prevents account modification.
- Disable iMessage.
- Set iBookstore Content rating restrictions.
- Disable Game Center and iBookstore.
- Enhanced Security
- Prevent end users from visiting websites with adult content in Safari.
- Restrict which devices can connect to specified AirPlay destinations, such as Apple TVs.
- Prevent the installation of certificates or unmanaged configuration profiles.
- Force all device network traffic through a global HTTP proxy.
- Kiosk Mode
- Lock down devices to one app with single app mode and disable the home button.
- Customize Wallpaper and Text on Device
- Enable or Clear Activation Lock
For a complete list of features and functionality available to supervised and unsupervised devices, refer to the iOS Functionality Matrix: Supervised vs. Unsupervised.