After your devices are enrolled and configured, manage the devices using the Workspace ONE® UEM console. The management tools and functions enable you to keep an eye on your devices and remotely perform administrative functions.
You can manage all your devices from the UEM console. The Dashboard is a searchable, customizable view that you can use to filter and find specific devices. This feature makes it easier to perform administrative functions on a particular set of devices. The Device List View displays all the devices currently enrolled in your Workspace ONE UEM environment and their status. The Device Details page provides device-specific information such as profiles, apps, Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub version and which version of any applicable OEM service currently installed on the device. You can also perform remote actions on the device from the Device Details page that are platform-specific.
Use one-to-one management for individual devices which are only used by one person. Education settings for one-to-one devices are configured when classes are created and members are mapped to classes in the UEM console and pushed to devices.
Map Members to Enrollment Users in Bulk
Map users to their Managed Apple IDs using a CSV file to import and map users in bulk. Also, add image URLs and keypad configurations for use with the Apple Classroom app.
- Navigate to Hub > Education > Members.
- Select Assign Enrollment Users. A Batch Import window appears.
- Select the Download format link to download the template CSV file.
- Complete the template by entering the required information for each user.
- Apple ID
- User Name - Workspace ONE UEM enrollment user name
- (Optional) Image URL - URL for user image on the device log-in screen. The preferred image size is 512 x 512 pixels.
- (Optional) Keyboard Layout - Enter four, six, or complex to nominate a keyboard layout for passcode entry. Match the keyboard layout with the passcode complexity you have selected.
- Save the CSV file locally and return to the Workspace ONE UEM console window.
- Name the CSV file, complete the Description, and upload the CSV template using the Choose File button.
- Select Save.
Map Members to Enrollment Users Individually
- Select the radio button next to the member in the list.
- Select the Assign User button. An Assign User window appears.
- Under the Advanced tab, enter the following for the user.
Option Description Image URL (Optional) URL for user image on the device log-in screen. The preferred image size is 512 x 512 pixels. Keyboard Layout (Optional) Enter four, six, or complex to nominate a keyboard layout for passcode entry. Match the keyboard layout with the passcode complexity you have selected.
- Enter the Enrollment User that corresponds to the Managed Apple ID listed.
- Select Save.
The Username column in the console populates for the user you mapped.
Manage Applications for One-to-One Devices
- Navigate to .
- Select the Edit Assignment button on the left-side of the screen.
- Select Enable Device Assignment if not already done.
- Allocate licenses to this smart group or hold licenses as required.
- Complete the Deployment information by assigning apps to smart groups of enrollment users for each class.
- Select Save.The number of licenses used shows up Managed Distribution column.
- Roll over to the arrow button on the left-side of the screen.
- Select Publish.