The UEM Managed Content repository refers to a location where administrators with the appropriate permissions have complete control over the files that are stored within it. Using the VMware Workspace ONE Content app, the end users can access the added content from the repository labeled UEM Managed but cannot edit the content.
Managed Content repository provides the following features:
- Uploading of files manually
- Options to configure and provide permissions for individual files
- Sync options to control content accessed on end-user devices
- List View for advanced file management options
To protect the content that is stored and synced from the repository to end-user devices, the following security features are available:
- SSL encryption secures data during transit between the UEM console and end-user devices.
- Roles with the security pin for controlled access to the content.
The UEM Managed repository content is stored in the Workspace ONE UEM database. You can choose to host the database in the Workspace ONE UEM cloud or on-premises, depending on your deployment model. For more information, see Configure the AirWatch Managed Content Category Structure.