To begin integrating Memcached into your Workspace ONE UEM deployment, install Memcached on a CentOS/RHEL 7.x Linux machine.
- Log in to your server.
sudo -sto enable root access.
- Navigate to cd /tmp/memcached.
- In the folder, type
ls. 'AirWatchMemcached.bin' is inside.
- To install, type
- Select Enter, and continue to select enter when prompted to read through the EULA.
- If you are upgrading an existing instance of Memcached, an alert will appear informing you that an instance of Memcached already exists. Select Enter to continue.
- After selecting Enter several times, you are prompted to accept the terms of the license agreement. Type
Yand select Enter.
- A Pre-Installation Summary appears. Select Enter to continue.
- Select Enter once more to confirm the installation path.
- Once the install is complete, a Congratulations message appears. Select Enter to exit.
- To confirm that Memcached is running, type
service memcached status. A confirmation message appears.
- Ensure the following:
- Memcached is running as a "memcached" user.
- Memcached is running by default on port 11211.
- The maximum connection limit is set to 32000. If this value is less that 32000, make sure that you have added hard limits to limit.conf.