Use Unified Access Gateway to design VMware Horizon®, Workspace ONE Access, and Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch deployments that need secure external access to your organization's applications. These applications can be Windows applications, software as a service (SaaS) applications, and desktops.
Features of Unified Access Gateway
- Unified Access Gateway is deployed in a demilitarized zone (DMZ).
- Unified Access Gateway directs authentication requests to the appropriate server and discards any unauthenticated request to ensure restricted resource access.
- Unified Access Gateway acts as a proxy host for connections inside your company's trusted network. This design provides an extra layer of security by shielding virtual desktops, application hosts, and servers from the public-facing Internet.
For more information, see Unified Access Gateway Documentation.
Content Gateway is supported on the VMware Unified Access Gateway platform and the number of deployments using Unified Access Gateway is increasing due to the following benefits:
- Unified Access Gateway is a secure virtual appliance.
- Unified End User Computing (EUC) gateway platform helps in easy and simple deployments. Single inbound gateway platform for multiple services like Content, Tunnel, Rev proxy, and Horizon.
- Security hardened appliance. The Unified Access Gateway platform goes through multiple internal and external security audits including pen testing and vulnerability scans to ensure security and stability.
- Certified using the highest level of security certifications like FIPS–140-2 and Common criteria.
- Lower customer Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditure (OPEX) because there are no additional hardware and software licensing costs.
- Flexible deployment options. Unified Access Gateway is supported on VMware Hypervisors like ESXi and is also supported on Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Migrating from Content Gateway to Unified Access Gateway has few limitations that do not have a major impact on the functionality or user experience in accessing the content on Content Locker.
- Content Gateway can be easily configured on Unified Access Gateway using the admin UI.
- Trusted certificates can be imported to trust store using the admin UI.
- Details to the host file can be added using the admin UI.
- SharePoint repositories other than Windows Authentication are supported.
- Adding network file share repositories with the forward slash is supported with Content Gateway 2.8 version. For earlier versions of the Content Gateway, you must include the backward slash in the URLs when adding network file share repositories.