Manage products using the product provisioning management functionality built into Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch. Product management uses the Products Dashboard, Products List View, and Device Details View to manage how devices use products.
Rugged devices have different device actions and options than consumer devices. Some actions, such as Remote Management, require additional configuration before using with devices. Products must be deactivated before most device actions work. You must also deactivate any components before using device actions.
For Android, Win7, and WinRugg Only, XML provisioning allows you to download a custom-designed XML file to a device in a provisioning product. After the file is downloaded, it runs an install command to extract the settings from the XML file and install them on the device. For more information, see Create an XML Provisioning File, Android, Win7, WinRugg.
Products List View
The Product List view in Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch allows you to view, edit, copy, reprocess, and delete products and view the devices that are provisioned.
Navigate to. Listed here are all the available products for the current organization group. You can sort the products using the columns.
- Platform sorts by the device platform.
- Managed By sorts by the organization group the product is assigned to.
- A/D sorts by if the product uses activation/deactivation dates or manual.
- Compliant, In Progress, Failed, and Total Assigned sort by the status of the product on devices.
View the details and settings of the product by selecting a product by name. The View Product screen displays the general settings, manifest items, conditions, deployment settings, and product dependencies for the product. You can also select the number links in the Compliant, In Progress, Failed, Has Dependency, Must Push, Offline, and Total columns, allowing you to see device details as they pertain to these product provisioning statuses.
Select the edit radio button to the left of each product name and you have access to the following actions.
- You can Deactivate a product, making it no longer accessible. Deactivating the product also clears all pending provisioning commands.
- Select the Edit button to edit a product. You can only edit products after they are deactivated. Edit displays the Product Wizard allowing you to change any part of a product.
- Select the View Devices button to view all devices to which the product provisions. A quick summary of information on each device allows you to see which devices are at specific statuses. Select a device Friendly Name to open the Device Details Page for that device.
- You can view the Activation Log for the selected product, which displays detailed information about the product including date of activation and the name of the admin who initiated the activation.
- You can make a Copy of a product. If one of your products has detailed and intricate parameters, you can save time programming them from the beginning by making a copy of an existing product. You can then, for example, change the application in the manifest of the copy, and as a result, make an entirely new product that shares the same detailed parameters.
- You can attempt to fix non-compliant products and push the product to the device again by selecting the Reprocess button.
- The Force Reprocess action resends Products to all assigned devices regardless of compliance status. The devices fully download and install every component of the Product manifest, even if it exists on the device already. You can perform this action on multiple products simultaneously.
- Select the Relay Server Status button to see the status of the relay server associated with the product. Only active products have the Relay Server Status button. You can also view history from the View Devices page to see the past and future products pushed to the device based on Product sync.
- The Inherited Products option displays all inherited products a child organization group receives from the parent organization groups. As products provision based on smart groups and not organization groups, your devices can receive products from a parent organization group.