You can publish products to the relay server even if there are no devices in the organization group (OG) associated with it. Publishing content directly to the relay server is ideal for when you have a complex product and you want to stage the server before device enrollment.
- Navigate to Enable slider for Queue Contents on Relay Servers without Assigned Devices. and select the
- Move into the appropriate OG that is associated with the relay server onto which you intend to publish the product.
- Navigate to
and select the product you want to publish to the relay server. Do this by selecting the radio button above the edit icon.
- Select the Publish on Relay Servers button.
The Organization Group screen displays with a drop-down menu. The drop-down menu contains a listing of all child OGs and their parent, which you are currently in based on the move you made in step 2.
- Select the specific OG which you intend to be the enrollment OG for devices. These devices are the future recipient of the product you are staging the server with.
- Select the Publish button to publish the product to the relay server.
If you select the parent OG in step 5, then any device that enrolls in any of its child OGs will receive this product upon enrollment. If you want to select individual child OGs, you must repeat steps 4 through 6 for each OG.
What to do next
You can check the relay server file listing for the product. See View Remote Files on Relay Server.