Write a command or script and report it as a custom attribute using the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for macOS v.2.3 or later. Select when to run the command or script on hourly intervals or during an event.
- Navigate to Device Profile, because this profile is only applicable to the device, not the user. and select . Select Apple macOS, and then select
- Scroll down the menu bar on the left and select Custom Attributes followed by Configure.
- Enter the Attribute Name.
- Enter the Script/Command to run. Expand the text box as needed.
- Select an Execution Interval and allow for scheduling to report either in hours or as an event occurs.
- Use the + and - buttons at the bottom of the payload to create multiple scripts.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.
Note: Custom Attribute values cannot return the following special characters: / \ " * : ; < > ? |. If a script returns a value which contains these characters, the value is not reported on the console. Trim these characters from the script's output.