You can upgrade the OS of your Android devices remotely using product provisioning. This process allows you to keep your entire device fleet up-to-date without needing to have the devices shipped back to you.
- Support includes Zebra devices using the Zebra MX Service and any OEM supporting the Platform OEM Service v3.0 or later. For more information about the Platform OEM Service, see the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Android (Legacy) Device Management Guide topics titled OEM Service App and Platform OEM Service.
Note: Before updating your Motorola device to a new Zebra OS, you must have the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Android v5.1.4+ installed and the 1.9 MX service.
- The device receives the product which you can verify on the device by navigating to .
- Download all the files including the OS update zip which you can verify in the Product logs found on the device in .
- Once the downloads complete on a Zebra device, the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub backs up its data and any installed managed applications to the device enterprise folder which is persistent.
- The Hub then reboots the device into recovery mode to install the update.
- Device then applies the OS update.
- Once complete, the device reboots.